Akron Storage Units
If you have found us by searching Google for “self-storage near me” or “best storage facilities in Akron,” then you’ve come to the right place! Chapel Hill Self Storage Centre is conveniently located right across the street from the Chapel Hill Mall. Our storage facilities are surrounded by an electronic gate and equipped with video recording. We offer 24/7/365 access to your storage units, and we have an on-site manager during normal operating hours to assist you with anything you may need.
On this page, we’re going to get in-depth about our storage units, what it’s like to store your items at Chapel Hill, your storage options, and everything else you need to know when you store with us! Keep reading to learn more!
We pride ourselves on being Akron’s cleanest and most secure self-storage center. We do this by ensuring we treat each renter like they’re family, providing them with clean storage units in a safe location. One of the best ways to determine if a storage center is the right choice for you is to check out their online reviews. If customers are unhappy with their service, you’ll know it. If a picture is worth a thousand words, we’d wager that an online review is worth at least a million. We are committed to customer service as you can see from some of our excellent reviews below, and we will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy with your storage experience. If there is ever anything that you think we can be better at, just let us know!
Reviews Of Our Akron Storage Units
“Very clean. Awesome staff. 24hr access. Reasonably priced.”
- Amy P., Google Review
“Customer service is EVERYTHING! Amazing security, amazing staff, amazing place to safely store your belongings. The fact that it has 24hr access is a MAJOR deal. Why wouldn’t you want 24hr access to YOUR belongings. I highly recommend this place.”
- Maint M., Google Review
“Great staff very secure location”
- Michael K., Google Review
“Clean and well kept. Different sizes and temp controlled (for a higher cost of course). Safe place and location.”
- Mara W., Google Review
“Excellent facility with a top-notch staff. The units are clean and well kept. These folks provided the best service anyone could ask for. They are my go-to people for all my storage needs.”
- Sue G., Google Review
“Awesome. I was going back and saw they didn’t have many reviews so had to leave one and I never do reviews. Clean, well kept and extremely customer oriented.
- Brian R., Google Review
The Cleanest Akron Storage Units, That’s Our Commitment
A common sentiment in the reviews above is that our units are clean and well-kept. After looking at the prices for our Akron storage units, you might be scratching your head. If you’ve ever checked out a “cheap” storage unit or a facility that claims to have the most affordable storage units in Akron, you’ve likely been greeted with a unit full of cobwebs, bugs, mouse droppings, and dust. There might have even been trash in there from the last renter!
At Chapel Hill Self Storage Centre, we think this is unacceptable. Just like you should expect an apartment unit to be clean when you walk through the doors for the first time, you should expect your storage unit to be clean as well. After all, you are renting this space from us and putting your valuable items in it, the very least we can do is make sure you are receiving a clean unit.
What To Look For In A Storage Facility
When people look for the perfect Akron storage units to store their belongings in, they are usually looking for three things:
- Clean Facilities
- Safe Location
- 24-Hour Storage Access
Chapel Hill Self Storage Centre offers that and more. Of course, you should also expect outstanding customer service, a convenient location, and a convenient service with the option of online payments — we check those three boxes, too! However, here is why you should, at the very least, expect clean facilities, a safe location, and 24-hour access:
Clean facilities ensure that your items will not be ruined while in long-term storage. If you open up your storage unit to find bugs and mice droppings, that means those little critters are able to get inside of your unit. These pests can chew through your boxes and cause some major damage if left alone. We know that the cleaner our facilities are, the less attractive they will be to pests and the safer your items will be. Even an abundance of dust or dirt can build up on your belongings and find its way into your boxes, causing damage and musty smells.
A safe location is also important. A lot of storage facilities can offer cheap rates because they are located out in the middle of nowhere. Our storage facility is centrally located right by Chapel Hill Mall. We have an electronic gate surrounding our fenced-in facilities, aisles that are wide and well-lit, and video recording to keep you and your belongings secure.
Lastly, what is the point of self-storage if you can only access it during normal business hours? You should have access to the items in your storage unit all the time, regardless of the time of day or day of the year. Our Akron storage units are accessible 24/7/365 so you have the best and easiest storage experience.
We Offer Climate-Controlled Storage Units In Akron
In order to best serve the needs of our customers, we offer affordable climate-controlled storage units in multiple sizes, ranging from a small 5×5 storage unit to a larger 200-square-foot climate-controlled unit. We offer the range of sizes based on what our customers most want, and may add more sizes in the future! These units are both temperature and humidity controlled, which is important in keeping those valuable items safe.
Of course, while not every item needs to go into climate-controlled storage, Akron residents know we can experience some extreme temperature shifts here and as a state, we have a relatively high humidity level. That means if you have delicate or sentimental items that you would just be devastated if something happened to them, it may be best to opt for climate-controlled storage. This includes items that might be damaged in extreme temperatures or high humidity including, but not limited to, the following: paintings (especially oil paintings), stamps, trading cards, photographs, electronics, and wooden instruments.
Be sure to learn more about our climate-controlled storage units in Akron!
5 Good Reasons To Rent One Of Our Akron Storage Units
Many people are on the fence about whether or not to rent a storage unit. As you begin to build up clutter in your home, you might be thinking, “Do I really need a self-storage unit? Or can I just live with the house being a little crowded?” Well, the truth is that it is up to you! But we highly encourage you to consider self-storage, especially if you are experiencing any of the following situations:
- You’re Selling Or Renovating Your House: Selling a house is incredibly stressful, especially when you have years worth of belongings to pack up. They always say you don’t realize how much stuff you own until you move. Renting a short-term storage unit during this time can make the process go much more smoothly. You can spend a month or more packing your items into boxes and organizing them, and slowly move them into a storage unit so they are out of the way. Otherwise, you will be staring at dozens of boxes surrounded by items that still need to be packed, and the process can be entirely overwhelming. This also makes move-out day a lot easier. Your house will practically be empty when you lock the door for the last time and it is much easier to load up your belongings from a storage unit directly into a moving truck as opposed to trying to carry boxes through multiple rooms of the house. Additionally, if you are renovating your house, renting a small storage unit can help get the contents of rooms out of the way while the work crew is demolishing walls and revamping your kitchen or master bedroom.
- You Have Too Much Stuff And Not Enough Room: This is by far the most common reason people rent our Akron storage units. There are only so many times you can “purge” your closet and get rid of belongings you don’t want before you admit that you need or want to keep everything. After all, if that box of toys from when your child was born made it through the first couple Spring Cleanings, it is likely there to stay. Rather than resent your important belongings for taking up space in your house, move them into a storage unit.
- You’re A College Student Heading Home For The Summer: If you’re a student at the University of Akron or another nearby college, you might find yourself living in Akron during the school year and heading home during summer vacation. Rather than transport the contents of your dorm across the country in your car, why not rent a storage unit for a couple of months? This is also a great idea for students who will be studying abroad for a semester or doing an out-of-state internship.
- Your In-Laws Are Moving In Or Your Kid Just Moved Out: Anytime someone vacates a room or moves into one, you will likely be left with some furniture that doesn’t really belong there. If your in-laws or an aging parent are moving into your house, you might have the need to convert a home office into a bedroom for them. Contrarily, if your 18-year-old is heading off to college, this is the perfect time to turn their room into a full-time guest bedroom, craft room, or home gym.
- You own a business. We talk a lot on this website about families and homeowners utilizing our Akron storage units, but business owners have plenty of need for additional storage. Whether you need a place to store documents, old computers, desks, office chairs (or all those exercise balls you bought when there were hundreds of news articles telling you how sitting on an exercise ball is way better for employees than sitting in an office chair and it later turned out that employees didn’t actually like sitting on under-inflated exercise balls all day), and other office furniture. If you are storing electronic equipment, we suggest looking into a climate-controlled storage unit.
Your Lease Options
We understand that some people are only looking for a short-term storage solution, and we don’t want to trap you into a long-term storage lease if you only need to store with us for a couple of weeks. To ensure that your storage experience is tailored to your needs, we offer monthly, quarterly, and annual leases so you can temporarily use our Akron storage units for a month or so while getting settled in a new house, or if you want to ensure the same unit for years to come, we’d be happy to set you up with a year-long lease that you can renew at the end of your term.
Are You Ready To Store At The Best Akron Storage Units?
If you have any questions at all about storing your items at Chapel Hill Self Storage Centre, feel free to get in touch with our storage facility by phone, email, or by filling out the contact form on our website. We are more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
Otherwise, if you’re convinced that Chapel Hill is the best self-storage facility in Akron (we might be biased, but we certainly think it is), then head over to this page to reserve a unit. To ensure you get the unit size you’ve requested, your reservation will be honored for seven days until we can confirm the details with you and get you started storing at Chapel Hill!